Purpose: To have charge of the conduct of the elections of the Association and the counting and tabulation of votes.
- Obtain from the nominating committee the slate of nominees for the offices of the Association.
- Direct the preparation of a printed ballot, known as the “Official Ballot”, which shall have the name and professional address of each nominee for office.
- Mail a copy of the “Official Ballot” on April 1 to each voting member of the Association in good standing. (See Bylaws.)
- Supply envelopes bearing the words “Official Ballot Enclosed” in which the ballots may be sealed and returned to the election committee.
- Count and tabulate all “Official Ballots” received. (See Bylaws.)
- Report to the Executive Board by May 15 the candidate receiving the largest number of votes for each office. Actual count of votes is not reported. President will contact ML with election results.
- In case of a tie vote, determine the successful candidate by lot. Candidates involved in the tie shall be given the opportunity to be present or represented for the lot.